Bobby Mills is presenting at “Adoption Law: Start To Finish” on Friday, June 14th from 9am-4:30pm at Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone-University in downtown Raleigh. The event details are below – come join us if you’re able!
Ensure a Smooth Path to a New Life
Adoption is an emotional process for all the parties involved. Are you prepared to assist and guide your clients through this highly emotional time in their lives? Whether you represent the birth parents or the adoptive parents, our faculty will update you on the latest adoption laws, help you understand various procedures and requirements, and give you the background you need to handle adoption cases without unnecessary delays, ethical problems, or surprises. Enroll today!
- Get all the adoption assistance available for your clients, including tax credits.
- Advise wisely on the differences between private placements and agency adoptions.
- Comply with the notice and consent requirements for terminating parental rights.
- Ensure clients are adhering to the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children.
- Know your role in the interplay between social worker and guardians ad litem during the adoption process.
- Prepare for problems such as third-party challenges and dissolution of adoption.
- Advise clients knowledgeably with an understanding of current adoption law.
- Tackle sensitive ethical issues and other problems that are unique in adoption situations.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for professionals who want to learn more about adoption laws and proceedings. Those who should attend include:
- Adoption Agency Employees
- Social Workers
- The Essentials of Adoption Law
- Offering the Different Adoption Options
- Practical Guide Through the Adoption Process
- Procedures for Terminating Parental Rights
- Resolving Interstate Adoption Issues
- Following Ethical Guidelines in Adoption Law
- What to do if Something Goes Wrong